RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

EX495 Networking Connection Part Two

Mike

PART TWO: OK. The first part of this issue I was able to figure out and get it working. Now when I have my laptop plugged into my router, I'm able to access my WHS. It turned out that NetBIOS over TCP/IP4 needed to be enabled on the NIC. A little background info. On my network setup: I don't have a phone jack on my office where I have my WHS and my desktop setup. The phone jack is in the bedroom across the hall. So I have the DSL modem plugged in in the bedroom and my DIR-655 router attached. In the office I have a DAP-1522 wireless bridge in which I have my desktop and my WHS attached via cat5e cable. When I use my laptop with a wireless network connection, I'm able to access the network/internet and my WHS, and everything seems fine. The problem arises when I turn off the laptop's wireless adapter and attach the laptop to the DAP-1522 wireless bridge via a cat5e cable. This way, I'm able to access my network/internet, but I'm not able to access my WHS. The connector icon in the system tray is grayed out. When I try to access the folder shares, I get an error about checking the spelling of your server name, which is correct by the way. Does anyone have any ideas or info. on this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

/Mike Biel