RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

SPP 10

logeox

Can I use the SPP10 iso on a Microgen8? 
It seems to be the only iso I can get without an agreement as im upgrading my OS to 2012R2 so I can add max memory.  

"This solution uses Smart Update Manager (SUM) as the deployment tool and is tested on all HPE ProLiant Gen10 and LATER servers as defined in the Service Pack for ProLiant Server Support Guide found at www.hpe.com/servers/spp/documentation."

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_d1f232bbe34b44f797a95b298c

I don't think there is anything in that SPP for the Gen8.

The latest BIOS for the MS Gen8 is available without entitlement, as it included fixes for CPU vulnerabilities.

You may need to login to your HPE account to download.

All of the other firmware and drivers you need are available without entitlement.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_71b9ad7e388d434fb62f7542e3

44 minutes ago, logeox said:

It seems to be the only iso I can get without an agreement as im upgrading my OS to 2012R2 so I can add max memory. 

Mate 2012R2 is ancient! Upgrade to Server 2019. Just use the official Microsoft ISO and run the upgrade or fresh install.

7 minutes ago, radaxian said:

Mate 2012R2 is ancient! Upgrade to Server 2019. Just use the official Microsoft ISO and run the upgrade or fresh install.

I just cant justify the cost for what I use the server for. It would be nice, but I mainly store files, music and photos on there. Second purpose is its my NVR as well.  I would like to add DNS options and a few more things. Had to move past home version to get the full max memory possible. This copy only cost me $50.

You can move over to a Linux server, if the costing is an issue.
Often lighter than M$ and faster.

There a lot of free options. I'm using for example ClearOS for years and is very stable with all packages you need.

Also easy to install and maintain.

56 minutes ago, UKChris said:

Out of interest what is the max ram you can fit, I was always under the impression it was 16Gb

Correct.