RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
E3000

Proxmox and HBA Passthrough on Gen8 MicroServer

E3000

Hey guys,

Has anyone around here been successful in setting up Proxmox on a Gen8 using a HBA for storage?

E3000

I have found this Advisory from HP, detailing why this no longer works and how to fix it. Does anyone know if there is any such working solution for Gen8 Microserver?

aristone

No, I wish I had. I used the advisory information with circa 10 PCI Slots though it has only 1: no success.
It would really interesting to know if it's possible to find a solution to replicate the ESXI way to pass-through in Linux.

• Sad 1

E3000

I am convinced that it is possible and hopefully I will find a way to get this working! So far I have been unsuccessful and despite the age of the Gen8 Microserver I am very surprised this issue hasn’t been resolved and documented all over the place, as these machines are still very popular.