RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Installing via iso in iLO incredibly slow

Noth

Hi,

I'm playing around with my Gen8 and have been testing Intelligent Provisioning (HyperV 2019 installed without a hitch, but ESXi wouldnt, both off USB). I also tried installs "the normal way" via iLO, nursing it along. I'm experiencing iso reads at around 1.5Mbps from my laptop (yes over wifi but I can upload at 400Mbps to other devices so...). I wondering if this is a recent development (yesI'm running 2.73)? I don't remember this problem when I setup the machine in 2015. It's so slow, installs will timeout because I get logged out of iLO after whatever the default time is unlike I keep clicking around, and even then it can happen, with the viewport closing and thus unmounting the iso. I tried ESXi and HyperV this way and it was just unusuable.

Found ISO install to be painfully slow in ILO 5 too. Ended up making a bootable USB instead. Was disappointed. Glad to hear I’m not only one but do wish it could be improved.

I have also recently found this to be incredibly slow. I don’t remember it being this slow back in the day when I first got the server...