RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Gen10+ Anyone got one yet?

Trig0r

I don't because I have both, I think out of the box the Gen10 Plus is probably quieter than the Gen8, idling mine is probably slightly louder (because I have additional fans for cooling the NVMe drives) but its still perfectly pleasant in a home office space. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Anyone try the HP kit HP 32GB 1X32GB DDR4-2666 ECC Unbuffered Smart Buy PN:6FR92AT? I ordered some will update once installed found each stick for 140usd.

PN:6FR92AT HP part works great. 64gb ram. Also installed the Synology 10g dual NVME card E310M20-T1 with some cutting of the card and heatsink fits and works fine with esxi 7.0 once enabling bifurcation in bios. Gets pretty warm but works in cold room. Currently with a Samsung enterprise 1.7tb NVME drive. As well as the HP usb dual SD-Card 8gb stick for Gen 10 servers which I couldn’t find any info if it was supported to boot off of.

6EF71917-A30C-4369-BB26-4A9BDBE813FE.jpeg

7C838508-D955-4097-BC71-DC7953F90E60.jpeg

Edited by Nikon331

I see a lot of people here already have Gen10 Plus. Have no problem with SATA AHCI write speed? I've tried ESXi and Proxmox, the write speed does not exceed 50MB/s. Moreover, when I tested proxmox, the recording stopped at 74GB even at this low speed. I am very disappointed with the Gen10 Plus after the experience of using Gen7 and Gen10 which never had such problems.