RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

ILO4 temperature zone help

TomP

Now I have ILO4 advanced running on both my Gen 8's (ML310e &Microserver), I see that many of the temperature sensors are the same but the sensor name is not understandable, so can I ask what each of these are...

LOM

LOM Zone

Chipset zone

VR-P1

I was surprised to see how different all the temps are in the Microserver (8-19C higher). as advised here, I put a heatsink on the ILO chip which reduced the temperature a lot but it is still near the highest. Are there any other passive temperature reductions that are worthwhile doing?

Can you send me a picture of the sink used in the ILO here? And how did you "fix"?

Edited by thiagotgc

1 hour ago, thiagotgc said:

Can you send me a picture of the sink used in the ILO here? And how did you "fix"?

This is what I bought which was the nearest I could find to match the 30x30 ILO chip...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28x28x15mm-Heatsink-Heat-Sink-Cooler-Cooling-Power-Transistor/151826112268?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

...I attached it with thin double sided adhesive thermal tape.

as advised in a post here, I also put this on the Broadcom chip...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=372909086146&view=all&tid=1179734999024

Edited by TomP

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, E3000 said:

Is the Broadcom chip the same size as one that would be used on a Raspberry Pi?

Sorry I don't know but it is a 14x14 self-ahesive heatsink.