I'm not 100% sure about this so am posting on here to see if anyone else has had the same issue. There seem to be creaks being made when I try to press the buttons of the Surface keyboard that are near the corners. Also, there appears to be a bubble of air underneath part of the cover, near the mouse pad. The creaks make the cover uncomfortable to use.
Has anyone else experienced these? I'm going to try to get a replacement cover!
I've been having some wierd hardware failures on my Surface Pro 3
1. Type Cover no longer works. None of the keys respond nor does the touch pad. I reversed the cover (so the keys were touching the back of the surface) and I think that's when this started. I tried another Type Cover and that didn't work either.
2. External display no longer works while docked in Surface dock.
3. The CAPS LOCK on the virtual keyboard with stay on sometimes. So I need to hit the shift key every time I want to type a lower case letter. This seems to be random and isolated to IE.
4. Plugged in a pair of headphones and the audio driver failed and I could get sound restored. Only way to fix was to refresh Windows 10. Super random and bizarre. But only happened once so far.
5. Screen rotation no longer works. I can set the screen orientation to portrait in the display settings and lock the rotation, but upon logging back in after sleep it reverts back to landscape.
I've reinstalled Windows 10 a few times as an upgrade from the factory installed windows 8. I've also done a couple of refreshes without keeping personal files and settings.
This all just happened suddenly without me installing any new software or any other hardware incidents (dropping, water damage, etc.). I do have Windows Update set to auto, but if it was a bad update the previous attempts at the Windows 10 reinstall and refresh should have proved that out.
So any ideas?
I bought this SP3 at release so I think I'm just past the 1 year warranty.
It seems like a mix of hardware and OS level failures but maybe its mostly hardware?
Has there been any announcements for trading up a SP3 to an SP4?
Any ideas and help would be appreciated.
What wireless keyboards & Mice do folks like in applications like:
1. Kitchen PC
2. Living RM PC