RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Coronavirus Lockdown Home Projects

Dave

If you are on a lockdown are you taking on any new home projects?  I have a few going and thought it would be a good conversation.  Smart Home stuff, cameras, doorbells, switches, etc.  Build a model, Lego, Model Rockets?

How about a Ring Doorbell for all those that won't be ringing your bell?

https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Doorbell-Motion-Activated-Installation/dp/B072QLXK2T/

Cameras?

https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Ring-Stick-Up-Cam-Battery-HD-security-camera-with-two-way-talk-Works-with-Alexa-/dp/B07Q6ZZFLS/

I made a dog ramp for our Dachshund.  I need another one.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 7.52.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-26 at 7.52.45 PM.png

Lots of projects on the list.

So far I have ordered a new 65 inch TV to replace the ancient TV in the family room. Lots of reorganization when it gets here.

That sounds fun. I don't know if I can sneak that one past the CFO though. Still contemplating a trip to Lowe's. I need a few things although those projects could wait. I have a few N95 masks so i could wear one. I wonder how many people are still venturing out for things like this? Doesn't Lowe's have TP?

• 1 month later...

I think lowes and home depot is loving this lock down, ive never seen them more busy...it seems one of my neighbors have practically rebuilt his house during this time

• 4 months later...

This is very cool! I'm not that handy with my hands, but the Corona time would be kind of perfect to try something like this. I recently found this German article about guitar stands that can be built by yourself. Maybe I will try to build a new stand for my guitar. It would certainly save some money and in the end I would find the function important. And certainly it is also fun.