RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Griffin

After every forced shutdown need to enable drive in array manager

Griffin

Hi!

I dont know if this has happened to anyone.

After forced shutdowns (unplanned and such) I have to go into the array controller an re-enable the drives. Each drive is a logical drive which needs to be enabled. I also have an SSD in the ODD tray connected to the onboard sata.

Any ideas as to why this happens? How to permanently solve so as to when i reboot after a forced shutdown, i dont need to reenable the logical drives (I'm not using it as a raid as this doesnt seem to work). I dont actually loose any data, but it's a pain for each time to reenable this (like restarting remotely). Is the b120i (using memory for this not quite sure this is the raid controller) faulty?

thanks!

schoondoggy

How much memory is in the server?

Griffin

Hi!

Now it has 16GB of ram.

schoondoggy

There were some odd B120i issues if you only had 2GB of memory in the server, but obviously that is not a problem for you.

Have you changed the coin style battery on the system board? Not sure if it is related, but it is something I would try.

• Thanks 1

Griffin

Thanks!

Will have to change this battery to test this. Don't even know where to get this hahaha

schoondoggy

It is a regular coin style battery. Just get the part number, likely a CR2032 or CR2025, any electronics counter should have one.

• Thanks 1