RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Remote Potato

Dave

I've ran Remote Potato forever but never really used it to it's potential. I can't get it to do some basic stuff. It crashes every once in a while and it will not load Recorded TV from additional folders. Just curious if anybody else uses it day-to-day.

I've ran Remote Potato forever but never really used it to it's potential. I can't get it to do some basic stuff. It crashes every once in a while and it will not load Recorded TV from additional folders. Just curious if anybody else uses it day-to-day.

I've been trying to use it but certainly not to it's potential. All I wanted was something that would allow me to remote in to my TV server (I have a dedicated machine that does nothing but record and then push recordings to the server in the wee-hours) to schedule recordings from my iPhone. For a while, it was having issues where the recordings never happened. Well, those seemed to just go away on their own. I don't know what the problem was there because I couldn't get it to fail when I wanted to debug it. So, that does seem to work now and work well. But, I don't have it setup to remote in yet so I could do that over the internet. I'd like to get that setup someday.

However, one issue I have is trying to get WMC to recognize new recordings on the server without restarting WMC. Basically, it doesn't seem to ever go out and refresh what it thinks is in the RecordedTV directories. The crappy part is that it definitely DOES this for the Movies directories since that is SLOW AS HELL with 300 movies out there. That one I would be cool with not refreshing since it doesn't change all that often. But, the RecordedTV directories I DO want to scan regularly.

Happy snow!

Keith

Edited by Jazman