RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
callihan44

anyone 2nd mortgage the home for the new mac pro desktop?

callihan44

Mac Pro price and release date

The apple Mac Pro is available now from Apple, starting at $5,999.

The starting price for the Mac Pro is $5,999. That model will have an 8-core Intel Xeon processor, 32GB of memory, Radeon Pro 580X graphics and a 256GB solid-state drive for storage.

Higher end configurations are available, scaling up to dizzying heights. The max configuration available now boasts a 28-core Intel Xeon W processor, 1.5TB of memory, dual AMD Pro Vega II Duo graphics cards, a discrete Afterburner video processing card and 4TB of SSD storage. While early estimates speculated that thius top configuration might cost as much as $35,000, the actual cost for this configuration is a blistering $52,199.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/mac-pro-2019-specs-price,news-30241.html

that's crazy,  I was waiting to update a few computers in our art dept but after seeing the base price we will get a couple imac's instead.. I would never spend that kind of money for any computer, my average home build pc runs <1.5k max 

and then you have the display

The Pro Display XDR will begin selling this fall alongside the Mac Pro. The standard model will sell for $4,999, with the matte-finish option selling for $5,999.

lol...no

Dave

LOL

No, but serious hardware there. I was impressed to see the time it rendered MKBHD's video file. Normal 20 minute render took 4 minutes. Less time than the actual playtime of the video . That is impressive.

It's probably a good box for some folk. More than I need for sure. Can't wait for the comparison build videos that will no doubt pop up soon.

• Like 1

Trig0r

Typical Mac, you can spec it out to the hills, $52+k, and it still doesnt come with a display...

Really...

Be interesting to see what similar spec DIY build would cost..

• Like 1

Al_Borges

The comparable configs from high end workstation OEMs, like puget sound systems, are in the same price range.

Like in auto racing, ultimate performance is a combination of cubic inches and cubic dollars