RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
g725s

RAID 5

g725s
11 minutes ago, schoondoggy said:

I dont see any reference to the P410 or the RAID5 array? 

That looks like it is info on the SATA controller?

If the drives are on the P410, WHS2011 should not see them as individual drives.

the P410 is in there as before only it’s battery cable disconnected this time

EB1FED2F-E1C2-48C7-8D83-9BAE94E22C01.jpeg

I just ordered a $6 p410 off eBay

7005934D-9F32-46D1-9ABC-E9C6FE3781DB.jpeg

Edited by g725s

g725s

Go look at the previous same picture on first page here when you first started helping me.

this is now...

Do I need the battery connected to the P410, I thought I remembered that it was not needed

7E46F256-6197-4C94-907B-F51E32033077.jpeg

Edited by g725s

schoondoggy
50 minutes ago, g725s said:

WHS 2011 did when I started it up after putting it all back together 

also I just ran that HP SSA again a few minutes ago just for kick and same final screen as above,  but this time all four 4tb drives are in the report

11B27610-48B7-40AF-BE36-584C83AE1E6D.jpeg

also now all drives show in the Bios

E1A62B1C-2407-4E7F-B8AF-B4204CBE7A7C.jpeg

03449365-6960-46CE-A906-9814700EF6B3.jpeg

If your 4TB drives are a RAID5 connected to the P410, they would not show up in the system BIOS. 

Did you happen to move the SAS cable from the P410 to the system board when you  put it back together?

g725s
57 minutes ago, schoondoggy said:

If your 4TB drives are a RAID5 connected to the P410, they would not show up in the system BIOS. 

Did you happen to move the SAS cable from the P410 to the system board when you  put it back together?

I will have to pull it apart again and look.  I thought the only cable I had attached to the p410 was the battery 

but if I did miss a cable.  The fact that the p410 is still not recognized has me thinking that the card or PCI slot is bad.  The card felt very loose also, like it was not seating firmly

Edited by g725s

schoondoggy

The cable from the front drive bays needs to be connected to the P410.

• Like 1

g725s

You were right.  I connected it to the board ☺️.  Reconnected to P410 and back to previous state

It shouldn’t matter that the battery is not connected to the P410 right?

should receive the used P410 in a week or so, and hope it’s not the PCI slot that feels somewhat loose 

Edited by g725s

schoondoggy

The memory module is required for RAID5, but If I remember correctly the battery not being connected will just degrade performance. 

g725s

I do have one of those battery packs we were making up years back, I think you made one too. I may go get some  Ni-MH batteries for it and try it out either before or when I get the replacement P410.  Did you ever use your custom battery pack?  Tap arrow in upper right below

Edited by g725s

g725s

Schoondoggy,

Also, if the pci slot on the motherboard is bad.  Would I be able to swap out the motherboard without having to change anything on my OS drive?  Other than the "BIOS-Mods" BIOS I have which lets me put the OS drive on the 3gbps ODD motherboard connection (see my signature), so I probably wouldn't without that BIOS right?  I don't think I have a copy of that BIOS anyway anymore.  I might be able to find it somewhere or someone on this forum, maybe even you, still have a copy of it.  Or did that BIOS just change the speed and that's all?

Edited by g725s

schoondoggy

You should be able to swap the motherboard with either BIOS, it does not effect the P410.

You could also put the P410 and drives in different HPE server.