Jump to content
RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
g725s

RAID 5

Recommended Posts

g725s

Okay USB Key was easy enough.  But booting froze at this point...

 

078CB495-56C9-47F7-97A0-E8B34403F6A7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schoondoggy

Then I would try the SSA from 2018 that does not reference UEFI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
g725s
16 minutes ago, schoondoggy said:

Then I would try the SSA from 2018 that does not reference UEFI.

Okay will try that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
g725s

Okay.  The latest one with Server 2008 shows “no controller detected “ after running...

 

F997C0D1-C582-489A-B83B-DB4A53D19DE6.jpeg
 

I guess it is time to open it up.  I checked eBay and used 410s even with a battery are under $10 shipped

Edited by g725s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
g725s

Schoondoggy,

 

I see on eBay these P410 cards refurbished listed as working.  They are fairly inexpensive.  I could pick one up for under $6.

 

My question is, would I be able to just put a new card in this machine and theoretically it would detect my array after loading the driver?  Assuming the array is still as should be of course.  Should it be as straightforward as that?

 

I'm going to try and take the server apart today if I get a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
g725s

Okay took it apart and put it all back, except for plugging in the battery(which I don’t know if good) back into the 512mb FBWC, which I left on the P410.  And when booting it recognized the drives and asking to format.  I still see the exclamation symbol next to raid controller in Device Manager.  Trying to install the last or most recent driver(the one you link above), again says device not found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schoondoggy
7 hours ago, g725s said:

Schoondoggy,

 

I see on eBay these P410 cards refurbished listed as working.  They are fairly inexpensive.  I could pick one up for under $6.

 

My question is, would I be able to just put a new card in this machine and theoretically it would detect my array after loading the driver?  Assuming the array is still as should be of course.  Should it be as straightforward as that?

 

I'm going to try and take the server apart today if I get a chance.

If the array is good, a new functiong card should pick up the existing array.

 

5 hours ago, g725s said:

Okay took it apart and put it all back, except for plugging in the battery(which I don’t know if good) back into the 512mb FBWC, which I left on the P410.  And when booting it recognized the drives and asking to format.  I still see the exclamation symbol next to raid controller in Device Manager.  Trying to install the last or most recent driver(the one you link above), again says device not found.

What asked to format the drives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
g725s

WHS 2011 did when I started it up after putting it all back together 

 

also I just ran that HP SSA again a few minutes ago just for kick and same final screen as above,  but this time all four 4tb drives are in the report

 

11B27610-48B7-40AF-BE36-584C83AE1E6D.jpeg


also now all drives show in the Bios

 

E1A62B1C-2407-4E7F-B8AF-B4204CBE7A7C.jpeg

03449365-6960-46CE-A906-9814700EF6B3.jpeg

Edited by g725s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schoondoggy

I dont see any reference to the P410 or the RAID5 array? 

That looks like it is info on the SATA controller?

If the drives are on the P410, WHS2011 should not see them as individual drives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...