RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Trig0r

Ring stick up cams

Trig0r

We're having issues with ASB in the area so thinking of having a remote camera fitted outside so I can monitor things.

Anyone here, @Dave? Used the Ring Stick up stuff before?

Thinking the black would do the job when its out, but need to know how the battery life is, and if the Mic can be enabled when it pick up motion, or if its just a 2 way talk thing?

Trig0r

How about the Blink XT2, anyone used that?

Trig0r

Ok, so, Blink XT 2, nice little camera, apps easy to use, however...

10 second re-arm time, this is pretty much a deal breaker, yeah you can increase the record time but then the camera essentially goes to sleep for a minimum of 10 seconds...

gibster

HI Trig0r.

I've just installed 3 Ring Stickup Cams. The only real issue with them I've found so far is you have to use their cloud service to view the cams. Free for 1st 30 days, then a charge after that. $4.00 pm for each cam, or $15.00 pm for "all" cams at your location. Plus extended warranty, etc. You can find all the info here: 

https://au-en.ring.com/pages/protect-plans

I know it's been quite a while since you posted this, but hopefully will help someone else.

Trig0r

I'm still running a pair of the BlinkXT2's, they're ok, its just that re-arm timer that's crap..

I certainly wont be buying any more Blinks, and unless there is a very specific usage, I would struggle to recommend them to anyone.

Dave

Sold my Blinks.  I'm standardizing on Ring as I also have the Alarm.  I have a stick up cam that I need to put outside on POE but I have two doorbells, two floodlight cams, an indoor cam in the garage, and a spotlight camera that sits mostly with a dead battery.  I have a solar panel in the box waiting on me.

Trig0r

On paper, they sound awesome, its just the retrigger timer that lets them down.

The only thing that might tempt me to keep the Blink stuff at all would be if they brought out a new camera with a microSD card slot in it, so it saves video to that when it falls off of the network, or has other "issues" and they got rid of the timer.

nrf

on the blink, which seems to use 900mhz, anyone done better than 100 feet to the little box?

Trig0r

Better, no, I've got one about a foot away and the other, probs about 20 foot, I doubt they'd do 100..

• Like 1

Dave

I never had any issues with range on the Blink camera.  I had the little module under my TV and an indoor camera mounted over my front door, and over my side door.  Outside in a protected porch however.  The side door was a ways off and through several walls.