RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

SSD

awraynor

So Ed Bott posted an article on the setup and tweaking of SSD's.The only

thing better is the video of a 24 SSD

install. Edited by awraynor

Speaking of which, I just noticed there are firmware updates available for a number of SSDs. There are also some important instructions/notes accompanying the upgrade process that you should review first, but I've just successfully updated a GSkill Phoenix Pro 120GB and Mushkin Callisto Enhanced Deluxe 60GB a few minutes ago. I will say that I got a BSOD upon reboot, but this was anticipated in the release notes. The solution was to shut down for 5 minutes, then reboot. I did just that and all was well.

Also be aware that the notes state that the update process is not compatible with Intel RST driver v10. If you are running v10, all you need to do is go into Device Manager and change the Intel driver under "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller" to the MS generic for the update process, then change it back after the process is complete.

Update Driver...> Browse my computer for driver software> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller (or choose Intel v9.6 or less)

There's no problem, no need to change drivers if you're running v9.6 or less, which I was. And once the firmware update is done, you can update RST drivers to the latest official version.

*Just update RST drivers. No problems.

Edited by dvn
update