RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
a.a.s.schaefer

HP MicroServer Gen 10 Trouble with Win 2012 R2 Graphics Driver ...

a.a.s.schaefer

Dear all,

I recently bought a HP MicroServer Gen 10 x3418 and wanted to install the AMD graphics drivers recommended on HPE support page for my Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system. Result is that after reboot this driver is stopped by OS with code 43 and the screen turns black. Only remote desktop is possible to access no direct output via DisplayPort and monitor is possible. It`s very urgent since without AMD graphics driver there is no suspend possible (due to basic windows display driver) and I don`t want the server running all the time. It seems that the latest version for WSE 2012 R2 is 16.50.2601.1005 (I tried) and for WSE 2016 is 17.10.1730.1005 (I can not use due to OS version). The other drivers and BIOS are up to date (fresh installation). Has anyone a running system with this HW and OS combo?

Thank you in advance, Andreas.

a.a.s.schaefer

Yes, I tried. Always the same result: image.png.420ad9c1da806fa48b59313461ed1986.png

a.a.s.schaefer

Some background information: I used the default UEFI-BIOS mode without CSM. Installation of WSE 2012 R2 was successful and without problems. The only thing remaining is the graphics driver!

schoondoggy

I would start a chat with HPE support to see if they can help.

a.a.s.schaefer

Some short note: installation of WSE 2016 with corresponding drivers from HP home page was successful. So the driver for WSE 2012R2 is buggy.

• Thanks 1