RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
sutt359

Server 2019 upgrade & iLO4

sutt359
Posted (edited)

I thought it was about time i updated my Gen8 and give it some love after 2 years of being on 247.

Given her a good cleanout and updated everything i could find, even added a dedicated GPU for transcoding.

Updated to windows server 2019 with no issues apart from the CPU showing 0% which was fixed by changing the power management to OS managed

The only thing im having problems with is the iLO4 2.7 cant get the remote screen to display it just stays blank under HTML5.... anyone had this? I'm using the 60 advanced code.

Edited by sutt359
title

Claudio

I don't have this problem, I read about others who have problems with the 60-day license.

On Ebay there are unlimited licenses, mine I copied from a web page after a google search

Osozu
Posted (edited)

Hi you need to update ILO drivers and console will work as expected, you need ilo 4 (CHIF) version at least 4.0.0.0 and also ilo 4 (CORE) 4.0.0.0  and matrox driver version 4.4.0.4

Edited by Osozu

sutt359

Thanks for the pointer... I found a code ;)

19 hours ago, Osozu said:

Hi you need to update ILO drivers and console will work as expected, you need ilo 4 (CHIF) version at least 4.0.0.0 and also ilo 4 (CORE) 4.0.0.0  and matrox driver version 4.4.0.4

I managed to find the updated drivers, wow HP didn't make that easy. 

I still have the issue but i think i know what the problem is.  The GPU has taken over so i need to change a option in the bios and set the Matrox as the default display adaptor as im getting no output from it right now.

sutt359

Changed the bios settings under adviced and video. Then set to the matrox as default and now remote works.

peteb99

Good news sutt359, well worked out.

Just as a matter of interest, what GPU did you use?    Are you using it to transcode video in something like Plex? 

I think I'd be interested in this as I struggle to stream a few videos at once around the house.

sutt359

I use a quadro p600 with emby as I have the life time subscription which I got cheap years ago.

But I think with Plex you have to pay to get hardware encoding 

peteb99

Thanks Sutt359.    I'll have a look at if I can get a Quadro P600 as I do have a lifetime pass to Plex.

peteb99

I've ordered a P600 from ebay for £90.   It should come in the next few days - I hope it works with Plex, haha.

peteb99

The P600 came today.   I've installed it and made all the changes that you mention in this thread.    It works with Plex so I'm happy - when you are transcoding in Plex it confirms that it is hardware accelerated.      I also found a patch to remove the 2 concurrent encoding limitation.   Glad I read this thread now.