Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• MrEinstin
      By MrEinstin
      I want to rebuild my stock N54L. My preferred line of thinking is to use a PCIe X-16 card and about a 240Gb NVME M.2 SSD as my boot drive. I'm concerned about the BIOS seeing this though and being able to use it as a bootable device. Anyone tried something like this yet? I'm wanting to use all 4 drive cages for storage drives. I can't find anything in the bios regarding UEFI so I have to wonder if this is even possible or could there be a bios mod out there that would work?

My alternative setup would wind up being a regular SATA SSD and replace the DVD drive with it. I'd rather the speed of the NVME PCIe setup though if its possible.

Anyone?

• Dave
      By Dave
      The SDM R4 is SOLD OUT!

The SDM R4 is a bracket that facilitates mounting two additional 2.5″ drives in a HP MicroServer Gen8. There are also mounting holes for fans across the bottom to help cool RAID/SATA cards. The kit includes all the fasteners needed to install.

With optional Stackers you can run four 2.5″ drives on the SDM R4. The SDM R4 will support four 9.5MM 2.5″ drives. If you want to run four drives on the SDM R4, you need to order SSB stacking brackets listed below. One set of SSB per drive pair, four drives will require two SSB kits. Because of the size of the SDM R4, if you are going to boot your server using the internal USB port, you will need to use a USB stick that is shorter than 1″. For more information on mounting instructions look here: http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5960-hp-ms-g8-25-drive-bracket-revision-history-new-rev-35-and-rev-4-info/?p=137922

The SDM R3.5 is in stock and ready to ship!

The SDM R3.5 is a bracket that facilitates mounting one additional 2.5″ drive in a HP MicroServer Gen8. The kit includes all the fasteners needed to install.
      With optional Stackers you can run two 2.5″ drives on the SDM R3.5. The SDM R3.5 will support two 9.5MM 2.5″ drives. If you want to run two drives on the SDM R3.5, you need to order SSB stacking brackets listed below. One set of SSB per drive pair. For more information on mounting instructions look here:  http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5960-hp-ms-g8-25-drive-bracket-revision-history-new-rev-35-and-rev-4-info/?p=137922

SSB-9.5 for 9.5mm drives $10

Schoondoggy Stacking Brackets can be used to stack two 2.5” drives. All screws are included

SSB-7 for 7mm drives $10

SOC-MSG8-R1 kit for 9.5mm optical drives to latch it in place. Screws included $9.

The SDM R4 is SOLD OUT!