RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
usacomp2k3

Any bookworms in the house?

awraynor

Yeah, I'm pretty much in the Disney, Eric Carle and Dr. Seuss club right now too.

If it wasn't for work, my brain would be mush by now. If I hear Caillou one more

time I might have a nervous breakdown.

axoid

Suggest a couple Zahn titles. Likewise with the others.

Zahn:

Star Wars: Heir to the Empire

Star Wars: Dark Force Rising

Star Wars: The Last Command

Elizabeth Moon:

Trading in Danger (1st of 5)

Sassinak (with Anne McCaffrey, 1st of 4)

W. Michael Gear:

Requiem for the Conqueror (1st of 3)

The Warriors of Spider (1st of 3)

The Artifact

Starstrike

David Drake:

The Complete Hammer's Slammers Volume 1, 2 and 3

jam3ohio

Yeah, I'm pretty much in the Disney, Eric Carle and Dr. Seuss club right now too.

If it wasn't for work, my brain would be mush by now. If I hear Caillou one more

time I might have a nervous breakdown.

Enjoy it while you can. iCarly looms large on the horizon...I walk out when that gets switched on!

Jim

usacomp2k3
Enjoy it while you can. iCarly looms large on the horizon...I walk out when that gets switched on!

We've decided that with Media Center, neither Nick or some of the Disney channels will be available for watching, at least not for the little one's. Heh.

kermi

Zahn:

Star Wars: Heir to the Empire

Star Wars: Dark Force Rising

Star Wars: The Last Command

I also liked Zahns COBRA series. He really can write stuff that's not Star Wars too :D

Oh.. and i'm reading through my third book in a week or so.. Currently reading Tom Clancys Red Storm Rising

Edited by kermi

jam3ohio

I also liked Zahns COBRA series. He really can write stuff that's not Star Wars too :D

Oh.. and i'm reading through my third book in a week or so.. Currently reading Tom Clancys Red Storm Rising

Red Storm Rising is his best work IMHO. I could not put that down when I read it. Also check out The Hunt for Red October. The book was way better than the movie...

Jim

usacomp2k3

Red Storm Rising is his best work IMHO. I could not put that down when I read it. Also check out The Hunt for Red October. The book was way better than the movie...

Jim

Red Storm Rising is also my favorite. Although if you played the video games, Rainbow Six is quite fun as well.

jmwills

Audio Books have become a big favorite of mine. Mostly books about history and politics. "With the Old Breed at Peleliu and Okinawa" by E.B. Sledge was an excellent listen. I hope to visit Peleliu in September to mark the anniversary of the landings in Sept of '44.

usacomp2k3

For listening in the car? In terms of history, have you checked out any of the Politically Incorrect series? http://www.regnery.com/pig.html

axoid

Red Storm Rising is one of best books period. I specially like the Iceland thread in the book, to the point I have re-read just those parts of the book. :)