RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
PCEddie

Giving This Walmart Tablet a Try

PCEddie

I read an online article about this 8 inch Android tablet for $65 at Walmart (Onn Android Tablet, 8"

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Onn-Android-Tablet-8/767511102). This tablet has Android Pie which peaked my curiosity and opened my wallet. IMG_20190524_174036.jpeg

Trig0r

So many cheap android tab around these days, as long as the CPU/GPU isnt too weak it should be fine..

I decided to get myself a Fire8HD thing from Amazon, that was slooow to the point that I ended up dropping the money for a new iPad Mini instead..

PCEddie
So many cheap android tab around these days, as long as the CPU/GPU isnt too weak it should be fine..
I decided to get myself a Fire8HD thing from Amazon, that was slooow to the point that I ended up dropping the money for a new iPad Mini instead..
I am in the process of setting up this tablet with my apps. I agree with you and gave up in the Fire tablet myself. Curiousity got the best of me on this purchase. My expectations are low. My ententions for this tablet is to use around the house and video streaming.

Dave

Nice find. I'm interested in how it turns out.  This could be a nice automation tablet to have laying around or mounted somewhere. I've been wanting to jump back into that game and see if I can run a couple of apps at the same time on one screen.  Let us know!

PCEddie

So far so good. I got all my apps installed which took most of the 16GB of space so I am looking for a 128GB micro SD card. That is what I am looking to do with this tablet Dave. There is a 10 inch tablet around $77 which has the same hardware specs. The tablet comes with Google Pie with security update from April 2019.

Trig0r

I put a 256gb card in the FireTab thing, its just soo slow though, it's fine for basic media consumption, but for games, its just poop..

PCEddie

You are correct Trig0r. I would not expect to play games on this tablet. I plan on using this tablet for streaming video and controlling my IoT devices.

Trig0r

In which case it should be fine...

Dave
5 hours ago, PCEddie said:

There is a 10 inch tablet around $77 which has the same hardware specs. The tablet comes with Google Pie with security update from April 2019.

Wow, 10" for $77. I know it's not a speed demon or anything like an iPad but that's not bad. Decent update on it with relevant OS. Hmmmm.....

I wonder if it will run DJI software for flying?

PCEddie

At my local Walmart they had both 8 inch at 10 inch tablets. My only concern is the updates but only time will tell how often the security updates become available on this tablet.

Correction: the price for the 10 inch tablet is $79.