RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
psykix

A few P222 questions

psykix

Yes, you have flashed a BIOS higher than 7.39.00.00

Only way to fix is to put the card in another machine and flash 7.39.00.00 BIOS.

flipper

I flashed SAS2BIOS_Phase20.0-7.39.02.00 and SAS2FW_Phase20-20.00.07.00

The card seems to be working as it detects y 4 drives (I verifyed the connector, reconnected it and now I can see the 4 HDD), but I can't go to the configuration utility, but as I run in IT mode, do I need to go to this menu?

If Yes, I can't just reboot on my freedos usb key and flash the 7.39.00.00 version ? Where can I find this?

schoondoggy
I flashed it successfuly in 20.00.07 version in IT mode, following the guide on this link: https://nguvu.org/freenas/Convert-LSI-HBA-card-to-IT-mode/
But as I restart the gen8 to configure the card, I get a NMI error. I tried to disable the integrated SATA controller on the gen8 but I still have the issue.
Any help on this ?
The second link I shared above documents it well. Updating LSI cards is two things, BIOS and Firmware. The NMI issue is with BIOS higher than 7.39.00.00. Roll the BIOS back to 7.39.00.00.
Also, 20.00.00.00 firmware has issues with missing drives.

You need 20.00.07.00

EDIT: Oh, never mind I see that is the sas2flash version you are using. You're running fw 15.00.00.00

I don't think your missing drives issue is Firmware related. I could be wrong, but others seem to be running latest Firmware without issue. NMI issues with BIOS higher than 7.39.00.00 is the main issue.

flipper
Posted (edited)

yes I understood the command. About the drives, now that I checked and reconnected the cable, I see the 4 drives. I found the old version on the broadcom website, now time to flash !!

It worked, I flashed 7.39.00.00 version through freedos on the microserver. Thanks for yout help!

Edited by flipper
  • Like 1

psykix
13 hours ago, schoondoggy said:

The second link I shared above documents it well. Updating LSI cards is two things, BIOS and Firmware. The NMI issue is with BIOS higher than 7.39.00.00. Roll the BIOS back to 7.39.00.00.I don't think your missing drives issue is Firmware related. I could be wrong, but others seem to be running latest Firmware without issue. NMI issues with BIOS higher than 7.39.00.00 is the main issue.

I know my missing drive issue is not firmware related, however from all the reading I've done over the last few days, firmware 20.00.00.00 has issues, both CRC related and also some experienced missing drives. Later versions of the firmware fixed these issues.

The firmware version Flipper is using is fine.