RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

A few P222 questions

psykix

Can anyone recommend a decent external drive bay to use with the P222?

I use Stablebit Drivepool, and don't duplicate any data (it's just media which is replacable) - can I just add the drives from my B120 to the P222 without data loss?

How much cache do i need on the P222? I see ones with 512MB, 1GB and 2GB.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, psykix said:

I use Stablebit Drivepool, and don't duplicate any data (it's just media which is replacable) - can I just add the drives from my B120 to the P222 without data loss?

I do not believe you can do this without data loss, as different HBA/RAID device configure RAIDs differently.

6 hours ago, psykix said:

How much cache do i need on the P222? I see ones with 512MB, 1GB and 2GB.

Typically I believe "As much as possible/can afford" is suggested however it does depend on type of expected load and transfers to your disks. I  believe 1GB and above would be sufficient for most needs though (I have 1GB for my P420).

Edited by seiburii

I think it will work without data loss, as all my disks are either ACHI, or when I use them in RAID, I just configure each disk as a RAID 0 array. I just wanted to confirm that the P222 treats RAID 0 disks the same as B120 and doesn't affect data.

Edited by psykix

As for external drives I have used the Sans Digital listed in this thread, the Silverstone is a good choice and the IcyDock solution is cheap:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, flipper said:
1 hour ago, schoondoggy said:

Any way to upgrade it under Linux or with a Iso like spp ?

SPP requires warranty or service contract.

Here is the Linux version:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_4aec44ac24e64df39c9ed95782