RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
VgzGG

HP Microserver G8 with official ESXi6.7

VgzGG

Greetings.

I just bought one P222 card. Before i used the custom build HPE

VMware-ESXi-6.5.0-Update2-9298722-HPE-preGen9-650.U2.9.6.8.3-Sep2018.iso

With the new controller i wanted to use the oficial ISO. Since the 6.7 is not supported by HP for the microserver G8.

Now i'm using the following iso: VMware-VMvisor-Installer-6.7.0.update02-13006603.x86_64.iso

everything works as expected. 1GBps connection in data transfer with both controllers. Even the B120i works better than i expected.

My question is, the B120i was detected as the following driver ( see pic attached ).

Should be a problem in a future with corrupted data?

At the moment the B120i is working with RAID0 ( 1 SSD ) and the P222 is working in RAID5 ( 4x3TB )

índice.jpg

seiburii
On 4/25/2019 at 6:13 PM, VgzGG said:

My question is, the B120i was detected as the following driver ( see pic attached ).

Should be a problem in a future with corrupted data?

At the moment the B120i is working with RAID0 ( 1 SSD ) and the P222 is working in RAID5 ( 4x3TB )

Hi @VgzGG,

Just wanted to check I understood your question correctly - Are you asking if the B120i driver version "vmw_ahci" which comes with ESXi 6.7U2 installation will corrupt your disks in the future?

VgzGG
On 4/29/2019 at 2:38 AM, seiburii said:

Hi @VgzGG,

Just wanted to check I understood your question correctly - Are you asking if the B120i driver version "vmw_ahci" which comes with ESXi 6.7U2 installation will corrupt your disks in the future?

Hi @seiburii

Exactly, you are right.

I'm not using a custom HPE image, that's why my B120i are recognized as cougar pint with the vmware_ahci driver.