RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Richard Walsh

RocketRaid 2720 Not Detecting Drives

Richard Walsh

Moved my Raid array from one computer to another, worked great in the old system but now the current system cannot see the drives in the Raid Bios or Motherboard Bios.

System info

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor          

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF

Bios F6

16.00 GB Ram

OCZ VECTOR Boot Drive

(1) AMD High Definition Audio Device   (2) Sound Blaster ZxR   (3) Realtek High Definition Audio  

Radeon RX 580 Series

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 17763 Multiprocessor Free

Raid Controller Rocket Raid 2720 Firmware 1.5

Raid drives 8 - 3TB WD Red

EVGA Supernova G3 750 watt Power Supply

Please help.

schoondoggy

Did you move the controller and drives to the new system or just the drives to a new controller in the new system?

• Like 1

Richard Walsh
Posted (edited)

Both.  The old system had video card and motherboard issues, and was from 2012.  So I scrapped the old system and built this new one from scratch.  Pulling all the drives and card and moving the setup from one system to another.  I'm curious if 1. that 750W Ps can handle those drives, the old system had an 850w PS.  2. If there is a setting in my bios somewhere that will let the Raid detect the drives.  3. Even if I lost the data, thats fine, I'd just love to have 24TB of storage again.

Edited by Richard Walsh

schoondoggy

Can you hear the drives spin up? Have you checked the cabling?

Richard Walsh

positive cabling is correct, I have 2 connections coming out of the Power Supply Sata 1 and Sata 2 with 4 power connections on them hooked up to each.  I can't hear the drives spin up or feel them. 

Richard Walsh

Was a bad power cable.  Got her working, but I have a new problem.  Massive DPC Latency and audio popping coming from the card.  When I disable it in the device manager, issues go away.  Enable it, I can use the array but get audio popping.  Do you know how to fix this?  Or another card which I can buy that has better support for Windows 10?

schoondoggy

Is the popping sound audible over the sound card/speakers of the PC or is the popping sound physically coming from the RAID card?

Richard Walsh

over speakers, using latencymon it goes off the charts when I enable the raid card.  When I disable it in the device manager, the problem goes away completely.  Fresh install.

Willing to buy an new card that supports up to raid 5 and 8 3 tb drives, as long as it has better windows 10 support.

schoondoggy

I see in your top post you list RAID firmware 1.50, If I am looking in the right place HighPoint show latest firmware as v1.16_16_07_06        

I would check to be sure you are running the latest firmware and software.