RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Celeron vs 1265Lv2 consumption

9083ja

Hi, i recently installed a 1265Lv2 proccessor, and meassured power consumption before and after that upgrade:

Celeron: Turned on Server and without any charge: 50w aprox, with cpu at 100%: 62w aprox

1265lv2: Turned on Server and without any charge: 60w aprox, with cpu at 100%: 90w aprox

If anyone else had meassured power consumption we can compare it, but the values must be similar.

My conclusion is that on a idle state the consumption takes as the specifications tdp35w vs tdp45w but when the cpu is at 100% the difference between both is distanced as spected i think.

Regards.

I run a 1265L V2 in ESXI. Is this CPU only or did you run this with SSD/HDD's as well? It seems about right since the Xeon is also 4 Core has a dedicated GPU and is Hyperthreading capable. TDP versus Wattage are 2 different things btw and it's really hard to compare given the different environments in wich you could use a certain CPU.

Hi, i am runing 1265Lv2 with 2 hard disk, 1 ssd and 1 mechanical, also i have HD6450 graphic installed, i am testing consumption at idle state and runing with 100% cpu ussage, but without any use of hard disks and graphics.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...