RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Removing Clients

Commodore

I am replacing all the computers at my brother’s shop and I wanted to check with the experts here to learn if I am likely to have any issues with the 10 client limit on his Windows Home server. The WHS currently has 7 clients, all of which I will need to remove as I replace the systems. I assume I will need to take existing clients off the WHS before adding the new systems. Since I have never removed systems from a WHS I wanted to know if it is simply a matter of removing the clients in the console. Does anything else need to be done to free up the WHS so not to exceed the 10 client limit?

Leave it to the experts, but to the best of my understanding you can just delete them

via the console. If you want to keep the data maybe use BDBB?

Leave it to the experts, but to the best of my understanding you can just delete them

via the console. If you want to keep the data maybe use BDBB?

Yup, just go to the computers & backup page, right-click the computer you want to remove and click on "remove".

This WILL delete the backups as well, so if you need those, use BDBB to backup the backup database.

Edited by kermi

I have a share called "backup" on my WHS and I created a compressed folder with raw hard drive dumps of the /users folder just in case I ever need something from old machines.