RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Asrock Rack AMD AM4 workstation/server board

Dave

It's a micro board and has a lot of SATA ports.  Three Ethernet ports!  Wish one of them was a different color.  Hmmmmmm, really want to know what it will cost.

schoondoggy

and it has an AST2500 for BMC.

and two somewhat limited M.2 slots.

Dave

I saw that.  Much to test on this board. Can't wait until it hits some big review sites.

Jason

This may give me an excuse to build a new server too! Am suddenly getting bit by the bug.

Dave

Same here.  I have a build almost ready to go although it was going to be a budget build.  I'm assuming this is not going to be a budget board.

Jason

I’m still on a Gigabyte z77x motherboard w an Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge w 32 GB RAM for my WSE12R2 box. Unless these new boards/chipsets offer benefits for 4K or are simply amazing, I’ve been avoiding the agony of a rebuild.

schoondoggy

There is not too much extra integration on the board, AST2500-Intel NIC-Asmedia SATA. I would like it to cost $149. I think it will cost $179.

JackoUK

"… not much extra …", indeed.

For 198 I'd be looking for 10G and a Thunderbolt header - especially if next year's INTEL CPU's are going to have TB on chip.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-Fatal1ty-Z370-Professional-Gaming/dp/B07638T1N4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1551603373&sr=8-1&keywords=Fatal1ty+Z370+Professional+Gaming+i7

OK … it's not AMD … but AMD mobos tend to have fewer networking extras.

schoondoggy
"… not much extra …", indeed.
For 198 I'd be looking for 10G and a Thunderbolt header - especially if next year's INTEL CPU's are going to have TB on chip.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-Fatal1ty-Z370-Professional-Gaming/dp/B07638T1N4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1551603373&sr=8-1&keywords=Fatal1ty+Z370+Professional+Gaming+i7
OK … it's not AMD … but AMD mobos tend to have fewer networking extras.

The motherboard you linked to was $299 when it was released.