RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Amazon buys eero :(

cskenney

Oh my....

Jason

Didn’t expect that one!

Ncage1974

Guys i'm sure most of you have heard by this time that Amazon has purchased eero. I don't know if i should be happy or sad about this news. I have a 2nd gen eero in my house and love it. I actually love it so much i decided to subscribe to eero plus partially so i could support them. I know some mesh system has got them beat in terms of speed like the Orbi system but i'm big on updates and eero has been consistent on prompt monthly updates. Probably more than you can count on from netgear. Someone of the other manufactures feel to me like a lot of android phones (if you need an update then buy a new router). They even went out of their way to say the will support WPA3 in a software update.   I know anyone have if them being acquired by amazon will be a good thing or bad thing? Though i'm not being into home automation or surveillance systems i don't know if they did a good job when they bought Ring. Like Ring i heard they will keep the eero brand but how did they do overall? We don't have a whole foods in our area but i heard they did a piss poor job with that.

Hopefully all the founders stay and they infuse them with enough power & cash to  innovate.

Edited by Ncage1974

Trig0r

Yeah I saw the news on this one, I dont have Ring or Eero but will be looking into the likes when we move to the new house...

@Dave is probably already writting something about the news..

Jason

Same here. No Eero or Ring products. Though I’ve always been impressed by Eero from my brief evaluation of their Gen 2, I already utilize an effective IP camera infrastructure with equal or great flexibility than Ring for my use case. I’d simply be adding and thus supporting more hardware for the sake of.