RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Just picked up a few Ubiquiti products. I'm going back in!

oj88

Same... running Untangle and Ubiquiti UniFi.

How can you NOT be? :D

• Like 1

Jason

I still use a Disney Circle to alert me of new clients joining and to regulate online time. I’ve not quite figured out whether that functionality can be replicated with Untangle and UniFi, but Circle does it well with an equally good UI.

oj88
1 hour ago, Jason said:

I still use a Disney Circle to alert me of new clients joining and to regulate online time. I’ve not quite figured out whether that functionality can be replicated with Untangle and UniFi, but Circle does it well with an equally good UI.

Interesting piece of gear. Had no idea Disney made those.

All my kids uses Android phones and/or tablets so I have ESET Parental Control to monitor their activities, block inappropriate websites and apps, put a daily time quota on fun and games as well as setting up time restrictions (school days/nghts), etc. It also allows me to locate them using their phones’ GPS. I even get a notification when they arrive or leave school (geofencing)..... what every psycopath parent needs.

The neat thing is, the policies are applied regardless of how they are connected... they could be connected to our home WiFi or using their mobile data in school.... they’re covered.

• Like 1

Jason

That’s very cool. And quite possibly even more extensive than Disney. Though Disney’s Circle is a bit less intricate to administrator and from your mobile device. Is ESET config also fine via a mobile app or installed on a Windows Server?

Dave

I'm the only one on Android in my family so that won't work.  Life 360 is under consideration when they officially get phones and start taking them to school.

• Like 1

Jason

We use Life360 for family and mother in law tracking. Fortunately kids not running loose with phones yet. Holding off on that for as long as we can get away with. Surprised someone hasn’t acquired them yet, integrating them into something else (while destroying all that is good).

• Like 1

Dave

I agree.  Fortunately is the key word.  Never though of it for grandma tracking.  Ok, so I have this straight.  To be cool I need to have:

Unifi Wi-fi System

Untangle Router

Some sort of life tracking system

Oh, and Plex right?

oj88
18 minutes ago, Jason said:

That’s very cool. And quite possibly even more extensive than Disney. Though Disney’s Circle is a bit less intricate to administrator and from your mobile device. Is ESET config also fine via a mobile app or installed on a Windows Server?

It’s cloud-based. Just install the app on the kids and parents’ phones, log into them and identify which ones the parent and kids phone. You control everything such apply rules and policies or create reports via the app or the web.

It’s an annual subscription and it doesn’t matter how many kds you have. You just pay one time. They have a 30-day trial, I believe. 

The only catch is, it only works on Android devices. For Apple, I was told that they have built in parental control.

Dave

Just got the UAP-AC-M-Pro panel.  Installed it in a good central location for testing and wow, is it powerful.  It's so huge though. In the location I put it in, it's overpowering the first test unit.  I'm going to swap them around and see what the coverage is for each of them in different locations.  Good problem to have I guess.

ShadowPeo

I am utilising UniFi but have the controller on a DigitalOcean instance. I have used a Docker stance on the Synology in the past and I will probably go back to that system and ditch the DigitalOcean controller