RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

Installing ODD in my HPE MicroServer Gen8

Joe_Miner

I installed a BU50N Blu-ray 4K drive in my HPE ProLiant Gen8 MicroServer.  Worked out well, I'm using PowerDVD13 -- I had to restart the "Machine" several times before it saw the ODD but "Machine" finally figured it out.

20190119AsBuilt.JPG

WP_20190119_15_09_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20190119_15_09_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20190119_15_14_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20190119_15_14_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20190119_15_24_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20190119_15_24_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20190119_16_53_46_Pro.jpg

peteb99

Thanks for the great video Joe_Miner.   I've been meaning to get a bluray player for my Gen 8 for ages but never got round to finding one that will fit perfectly.

I'll have to find out if schoondoggy sells the bracket internationally as it looks perfect.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Mark Belanger
      By Mark Belanger
      Greetings,

I'm new to the HPMSG8 world and so far I'm loving it. I have a stock Xeon with 16G of aftermarket memory with iLO patched to 2.70. Next up is adding a RAID card, so I can put my boot SSD on the onboard RAID. I picked up a LSI SAS9211-8i on Amazon, but am struggling to flash it to IT mode on the MicroServer. Is this even possible? Unfortunately, the only other system I have with PCI slots is 32-bit.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-MB
    • npapanik
      By npapanik
      FYI, I have just installed Windows Server 2019 Standard (Desktop Experience) using the latest (WS2016) HP AMD chipset & VGA driver. Everything is recognised in Device Manager and stable.
    • TonyTheTechie
      By TonyTheTechie
      I need to update the firmware on a HP Proliant Microserver Remote Access Card installed in my N40L.

Can someone please explain what I need to do to create a boot device that will update the firmware on the Remote Access Card?

Thanks

Tony Self
    • pksparks
      By pksparks
      Good evening,

after checking my ILo4, version2.61 on my Gen8 hp microservet, i saw an exclamation mark at cpld-pal0. It is now version 0x06.
      i have read that there is an version 0x32.

anybody who has this version, and can provide me with a download link?

Attached my firmware configuration. Any suggestions for any updating? Think most is up to date?

rgds
      patrick
      Sorry can’t upload photo, error 200.