RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Henrik

1 of 2 CPU Cores in AMD Opteron X3216 used?

Henrik

Hi Community,

First, my specs (briefly):

MicroServer Gen10

AMD Opteron X3216

Win Server 2016

[...]

Problem:

The Taskmanager shows only 1 CPU-core instead of 2.

(ref. image 1)

Solutions tried:

1. checked msconfig...no CPU-Limit set
  2. checked, whether other users see the same amount of CPU-cores in task-manager (ref. image-link (internal) 2)

Anyone out there with an idea to solve this?

Greets
Henrik

Screen_OneCoreUsed.png

npapanik

See image...

CPU.JPG

Henrik

Thanks for Your post,

I know this graph capability.

But, what I meant, was the number of cores, not logical cores.

Compare the two images I posted regarding the number of cores shown.

Mine shows 1 core and 2 logical and the other (from another user) shows 2 cores and 2 logical cores.

npapanik

Opteron x3216 has 2 threads (1 per core) so Windows report the logical CPU correctly.

In comparison, Ryzen 1600X on my PC which has 6 cores and 12 threads is reported like that:

cpu1.JPG

Henrik

Yes.

And your image shows 6 cores as it should. (in text below image graphs)

And mine shows 1.

npapanik

No, when I switch to Overall Utilization I see this:

CPU.JPG

Henrik

I think, you do not really read my posts.

I am NOT talking about the number of graphs.

I am talking about the number of cores shown in the summary BELOW THE GRAPHS.

In Your Image:

"Cores:    6"

In my image:

"Cores:   1"

npapanik

Sorry about that! Which BIOS version do you have?

Henrik

One behind the recent one.

Can't load the latest (warranty expired).

I can't determine the exact vers.nr. right now. I'm abroad.

npapanik

In the Boot Advanced Options is the "Number  of processors:" checked or not?

I have just send you a private message.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Sug7
      By Sug7
      Hi Guys,

New member here, some great info on this forum so hopefully a few of you have experience with the Intel E3-1260L CPU running in a HP Microserver Gen8? 

I know for sure it will work as I’ve seen some good threads on here but can anyone tell me if the upgrade made a noticeable difference in the fan speeds and noise?  

Im looking at putting two Gen8’s in a living room in place of an old N54L so cautious of too much noise..

• skinfreak
      By skinfreak
      Hi there,
      Over the many years of using the Gen8 there always seems to be some problem!! ;-)

I have Windows 10 Pro install to a HDD in the ODD. The 4 3TB drives in the other bays, configured via Storage Spaces. BIOS set to AHCI and I have made use of the usb boot key to map the boot to the ODD bay. All has been resonably well for well over a year however I was never able to get Windows to update. Now I'm getting warnings that the software will be unsupported and have tried several times to do an upgrade but frequently get errors such as the installer cannot detect how much space is availble. I think that's because of the USB key.

I don't want to go back to square one and reinstall if I cannot help it but has anyone else experienced this? I seem to recall having problems with using the B120i but cannot for the life of me remember why I stopped using it... but I know that changing to Legacy SATA should remove the need for the USB boot mapping.

Thanks!
    • adih2001
      By adih2001
      Hello! Recently I've been thinking to upgrade the CPU in my HP ProLiant ML10 v2. It currently has a Intel® Pentium® G3240 (I got the model of this server that comes with the Intel® Pentium® G3240) and according to the manual I should be able to upgrade the CPU to a Intel® Xeon® E3-1220v3. Is this true? Do I need to change / get anything else? Thanks.
    • joshw97
      By joshw97
      Hi,

Noticed today that my gen8 was performing pretty badly, when I decided to look into it I discovered that the CPU was stuck at 0.26 GHZ and all the processes that are running say that they are utilising 0% despite this clearly not being true. I've had an I3 2120 installed for around the last 6 months now and had no issues whatsoever until now. Although I suspect that the problem may not be with the CPU. The only thing I have discovered up to now is that the CPU temperature remains static on the ILO at 40 degrees despite putting it under some stress tests. Does this seem normal? The ILO doesn't state that there is anything wrong with the sensor but that feels like the only feasible cause of this up to now. Please let me know if any of you guys have had this before, any help at all to get this resolved would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I've attached a picture of the issue. Thanks again.

• razormw
      By razormw
      Hi, I have an HPE Proliant  Microserver Gen10  x3216  with ubuntu server installed. 

Recenty i decided to check my CPU frequency (in ubuntu and in the EFI) and i realised that it only runs at 1.6Ghz max even though specifications claims that it can go up to 3.0Ghz.
      Do you know if there is something i can do about it? I´ve already called HPE to ask for help but the only answer i got was "we do not support overclock" even though it´s not overclock because the values are withing the factory limits that they claim it can work.

I tried to make several stress test and put the server under heavy CPU loads but all i can get is 1.6Ghz.

Sorry if i made any mistakes , english it´s not my first language.

link to APU specs: https://www.amd.com/en/opteron