RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Verizon iPhone 4

cskenney

Looks like Dave finally got his wish...Verizon announces the iPhone 4 for the Verizon Network. Their website says availability beginning 2/10/11. They are giving current Verizon customers priority to sign up to get a phone from their reserved inventory before they make the phone available to the general public (current AT&T iPhone users).

Who is getting one?

If it had GSM/international roaming, I would have, but will focus on WP7 or Android that have that international roaming feature. Comes in handy when in Europe on business.

Jim

I likely will. Using the Droid Incredible and I do like it, but Android lacks a lot of the apps I need

for work. Thinking about a 1 yr. contract in case the elusive LTE iPhone comes out in July. On some

other phones I saw it was only $70 more for 1 vs. 2 yr, that's a small price to pay for being stuck

with an old phone for an extra year. However, the Thunderbolt and esp. the Bionic are quite impressive.

Did find out this weekend that the Incredible I bought outright, and had my number ported to in the store

counted as my upgrade in August. Customer no service said it was up to the store to correct it. And the

store has been closed for days due to the snow. They will get it right or they can expect me on their

doorstep this weekend.

That certainly shouldn't count. That is ridiculous. And there is no way only the local store can correct that. What if you upgraded online? I'd go as far up the manager tree as I needed to to get that fixed ASAP.

They say the truth sometimes lays in the middle. I called the store and they gave

me a different story than customer service. It appears my boss used my eligibility

to get himself a new phone, a Casio G'Zone feature phone no less. What do you say

to the man that pays your salary and your cellphone bill every month? So talked to the office

manager to see what she could so? Didn't tell her that I had purchased an Incredible

outright until my contract was set to renew. As far as they know I am still using

the Omnia i910 and that thing does need replacing.

An article I read the other day said Verizon wouldn't be able to get the new iphone that comes out this summer until one year after Verizon started carrying iphones. Thus 2/11/12. Due to this, they said that Verizon sales will be considerabl\y lower than expected.

Im stuck. I have the BB storm and was holding off for my next upgrade until W7 / Android / Iphone came out on Verizon. And I dont know which one to get (but I have fallen in love with my ipad but still hate the company for ripping off Debian). Anyone have any opinions. TY

Guest no-control

meh...

I had an iPhone wasn't all that great. I'll wait for WinMoPho 7 to hit VZ stores. Until then I'll keep using this POS Android phone.

I know you have been waiting for me to chime in on this one! I'm glad to finally see Verizon get access to the iPhone but I'm not so sure I'm going to jump onto the bandwagon yet. I would really like to see what Apple has in store for the iPhone 5 if there is such a beast. This article from Engadget seems to think the 5 will have GSM and CDMA. I hope that would mean there is no wait for Verizon when it is announced.

I'm still very happy with my Droid Incredible. It changed the way i covered and interacted at CES this year. I can't believe I survived with my old WinMo on 6.1 for so long. It will be a tough decision but I think I am going to wait until this summer to see what the 5 looks like.

I know you have been waiting for me to chime in on this one! I'm glad to finally see Verizon get access to the iPhone but I'm not so sure I'm going to jump onto the bandwagon yet. I would really like to see what Apple has in store for the iPhone 5 if there is such a beast. This article from Engadget seems to think the 5 will have GSM and CDMA. I hope that would mean there is no wait for Verizon when it is announced.

I'm still very happy with my Droid Incredible. It changed the way i covered and interacted at CES this year. I can't believe I survived with my old WinMo on 6.1 for so long. It will be a tough decision but I think I am going to wait until this summer to see what the 5 looks like.

It's not going to be the iPhone5. They will call it the iPhone4G just like they did with the 3 and to capitilize on the 4G network hype that hardly no has or will have for over a year yet. :)

fasthair