RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sug7

Microserver Gen8 E3-1260L Temp & Fans

Sug7

Hi Guys,

New member here, some great info on this forum so hopefully a few of you have experience with the Intel E3-1260L CPU running in a HP Microserver Gen8? 

I know for sure it will work as I’ve seen some good threads on here but can anyone tell me if the upgrade made a noticeable difference in the fan speeds and noise?  

Im looking at putting two Gen8’s in a living room in place of an old N54L so cautious of too much noise..

qianjizhao

I have installed 1265L which is the same to 1260L.

The fan is quite.

I didn't notice any fan speed or noise change after the upgrade.

See below for my screnshots.

fan.JPG

temp.JPG

1260L.JPG

Edited by qianjizhao

Sug7

Thanks, that’s good to hear! 

PEte_79

FYI, the 1260L only lets the memory work in 1333Mhz versus the 1265L works in 1600Mhz

Trig0r

MIne was fine with the 1260 in it, I did end up swapping out the stock heatsink for the later heatpipe version though.

PEte_79
21 hours ago, Trig0r said:

MIne was fine with the 1260 in it, I did end up swapping out the stock heatsink for the later heatpipe version though.

Where did you get the heatpipe version, and what did you pay for it? 

I have only found a few (really hard to come by) and for like 140+ euro. Bit to much i think. I have added 2 40mm fans to my stock heatsinks.

Trig0r

Got mine through my contact at CCS Media, was over £120 iirc