RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Project Fi adds supported phones

Dave

Rumor but hopefully true. Still some hurdles with the radios and the ability of the phone to switch carriers but hopefully there will be a bigger list of phones soon.

Oh, and here is my referral code if anyone wants to try it. I still love fi and what it is. Hit me with questions too.
Here's a referral code to get a $20 credit when you join Project Fi! Redeem it at https://g.co/fi/r/9WX36D

Trig0r

Dave, did oyu not say a few pods ago that you were thinking about moving from Fi, given your vet discount etc?

btw, F14 was my fave bird growing up (Topgun generation), proper jelous as never got close to one, F16's the closest I got to anything from the US when i was on VAS during an annual camp back in the early 90's...

Dave

I'm looking at TMobile, yes. Family is all on Verizon so I need to wait a little longer for them to jump on board as well. It's a good deal and still allows overseas usage much like fi. Plus a free Netflix account.
Love the Tomcat. Miss walking around those big birds in the hanger bay.

Dave

Well, John W. just alerted me that Google fi is live for other phones.  So, from rumor to truth! Sweet.  What this means is if you have a phone that was previously not approved for the fi network you may be able to use it now.  There is a fi app in beta for iOS too. Let's take a look at an example:

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 12.29.42 PM.png

This chart is for the iPhone 5S, 6, SE, and newer purchased for T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint. Obviously, and unlocked phone works as well.  So if you have a 7, 8, this is your chart.  You get normal 4G and roaming abroad. Voicemail is different, it won't automatically route your calls and text over a Wi-Fi VPN, and iMessage will be different. I'm not sure what or how different.

If T-Mobile works in your area then you will be good to go on fi.  That is the 4G you will get with a non fi phone.  Fi phones have the ability to switch to the best network at the time which comes in handy when you get into some of the dead spots that are only covered by US Cellular.  I'm talking about you Wisconsin.

Check out the pricing. If you use very little data it's a fantastic deal.  If you have a family that will need a lot of data it also works out pretty good.  In between these two extremes may not be the best for you.  Let me know if you have any questions about this service.  I hopped on to it when it was invite only and honestly, when the service was not that good! 

My most favorite part about Fi is you can request a "data only" SIM and they will Fedex it to you, 2Day, for free.  You can pop that into anything that will take a SIM, including an iPhone, and be on your data plan in seconds.  It only uses your data pool and there are no other charges.  I carry a second phone via this method as a camera and I have an iPhone 6 that my kids can grab when heading to a friends house.  We use Hangouts to text and call each other.  It is real nice having that instead of paying a lot more for another line.

https://g.co/fi/r/9WX36D

Use my referral link and you will get $20 off of your first month. Not bad!  You can also pause or cancel service pretty easily and the app is fantastic.

fi.png

Dave

Today only, get a Pixel phone with Google Fi and travel on us! Like always, enjoy Fi in 170+ countries and territories.

Mix and match your choice of travel gift card(s) equal to the phone purchase value. Options include: Airbnb, Delta Air Lines, Hotels.com and Southwest Airlines.