RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

4K BluRay Optical Drive

Joe_Miner

Any experience & suggestions for a 4k BluRay Optical drive that would fit in the top of the MicroServer?

cskenney

I’m curious as well and what software is used with it.

schoondoggy

Looks like BU40N and BU50N are popular 9.5mm drives that appear to support 4k.

59 minutes ago, cskenney said:

Software for playback or ripping?

Joe_Miner
4 hours ago, cskenney said:

I'm thinking PowerDVD 18 but I'm open to suggestions......

Joe_Miner
I'm thinking PowerDVD 18 but I'm open to suggestions......
Got one on order as well as a 32" 4k monitor -- I'm sure the grandkids will love it

Joe_Miner

What size of screw fits this hole -- in order to hold the ODD Clip in place in the Gen10?

Capture01.jpg

WP_20181210_15_24_30_Pro.jpg

schoondoggy

I think the hole is for an M3 countersunk, but the Gen8 ODD bracket does not work in the Gen10. I tried mounting the bracket upside down after drilling a small hole in it that aligns to the mounting hole in the chassis. I used a nylon screw to secure it, so as to not have any metal dust. It works, but it is not something I can manufacture. There are 3D printer plans for brackets that will work.

• Like 1

Joe_Miner
I think the hole is for an M3 countersunk, but the Gen8 ODD bracket does not work in the Gen10. I tried mounting the bracket upside down after drilling a small hole in it that aligns to the mounting hole in the chassis. I used a nylon screw to secure it, so as to not have any metal dust. It works, but it is not something I can manufacture. There are 3D printer plans for brackets that will work.
Thanks, watching the granddaughters today will talk more later

Joe_Miner

Looks like a M4 is close though a little loose -- M5 is too big.