RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

HSS/RESET Forums Policy Update and Reminder

Dave

Hey All,

It has been brought to my attention that there has been some linking to external sites that may be hosting copyright material.  BIOS, flash files, etc.  If you "link" to or "make available" copyright material that is an infringement of the original copyright holder you risk legal action and  your account will be terminated.  This is deemed the same as hosting and/or posting copyright material yourself.  You put yourself and this forum at risk.  Please don't link out to these files.  If you have any questions you can contact me directly via PM.  

Here are the Terms of Service you agreed to upon signup to this forum.

nrf

so to be clear is a link to a vendor site still ok?

Trig0r

A vendor, I would expect not to be hosting dodgy content, I suspect that this is more people sharing links to files that are covered by some sort of paid support cost, so say someone hosting the HP SPP, Gen7 hacked BIOS etc.

• Like 1

Dave

Yes nrf. Links to vendor hosted files are fine. We just can't link to hacked files if they are intended by the vendor to be paid for or someone else giving away a "paid" file. This forum can't be held liable for that so links and accounts will be terminated.

We have great relationships with our vendors. Let's not mess that up.

A vendor, I would expect not to be hosting dodgy content, I suspect that this is more people sharing links to files that are covered by some sort of paid support cost, so say someone hosting the HP SPP, Gen7 hacked BIOS etc.
Exactly