RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows Server 2016 Essentials - Change Disk

Hi

My Disk with shared folders has been broken, have change the disk and now I can't the service "Windows Server Essentials Storage Service" starts. 

It seems to be problem with old settings is left, How will I do to solved so I can use a new disk with Shared Folders again in my disk ?

Thanks in advance 😉
Sokoban

Edited by Sokoban

So is it now on lets say E drive and not D?, in that case it may perhaps be easier to simply re-allocate the volume to D, no idea if that would work as I do not use that system but I have fixed shared folders in the past with that method, but I suspect that the shared folders, in that case, are a lot "simpler"

On 10/26/2018 at 12:38 AM, ShadowPeo said:

So is it now on lets say E drive and not D?, in that case it may perhaps be easier to simply re-allocate the volume to D, no idea if that would work as I do not use that system but I have fixed shared folders in the past with that method, but I suspect that the shared folders, in that case, are a lot "simpler"

I have checked that , please look that. I have same issue .. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b132a83-f9b0-467b-9c09-37427704b199/a-new-disk-is-changed-cannot-start-the-storage-service?forum=ws16essentials

Honestly, I do not think I will be able to help much further as I do not know enough about how the essentials systems work, as I work primarily with enterprise-class systems and it is not something we use.