RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Oh dear

Trig0r

So, you know when you accidentally buy things you really dont need...

Like a DL360 with 52Gb RAM and a pair of E5-2448's in it, Quad Gb NIC and P420i...

No idea why I bought it lol, might stick it up in the loft and have a bit of a VMware lab going on...

I have no idea at the minute, need to look at the drive requirements.

I'll keep my eye out for a rack for it and go from there..

My existing server is on an old i7-3770s with 32Gb RAM and 25Tb of storage, no idea at all....

Could be worse, mate of mine won a bet, got £700, then spent it on some golf clubs, at least he plays golf, another mate spent £300 on a load of sea fishing equipment, he doesnt fish and we live in the middle of the country...

• Like 1

Damn that sucks about the fishing equip, worst I have done is won an auction for a meat slicer, thought it was a little one, just enough for me to do the homemade salami, prosciutto etc, went to pick it up, nope, its a 100Kg behemoth like the large supermarket chains use. at least that was only $50 though

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/23/2018 at 12:28 AM, Trig0r said:

So, you know when you accidentally buy things you really dont need...

Like a DL360 with 52Gb RAM and a pair of E5-2448's in it, Quad Gb NIC and P420i...

No idea why I bought it lol, might stick it up in the loft and have a bit of a VMware lab going on...

+1

Got hold recently of a DL360e, 2x E5-2450L, 192 GB of RAM, P420, and 8 * 1 TB Samsung QVO SSDs. :)