RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
callihan44

Pixel 3

callihan44

anyone looking at these phones? I checked them out at bestbuy and the display looks pretty good, Im waiting for reviews. If the camera blows everything away I might get the smaller one

Dave

I pre-ordered the Pixel 3 XL. Various reasons. Last year I pre-ordered the 2XL and the screen was pretty bad so I turned it in and got the 2. I'm ready to go back to the bigger screen and personally I know they are the same camera but I thought the 2XL took better photos. I don't know why, but looking at my first few shots on the 2 XL and they are amazing.  

I can't wait to shoot with the 3 XL and I don't care much about the notch as I just want a bigger screen and it will be nice to have wireless charging again.  I also ordered the stand.

If there is something I don't like, it will go back.  I have no allegiance to it whatsoever.  It was easy to do last year.  You have 14 days to file a return request and then you have 14 days to get it back. I sent mine back on day 10 of that second time period.  That gave me plenty to time to be sure of my decision.

I'll do a YT video of the phone when it arrives as well as some case videos.  I may do a case video this afternoon and do a 1yr follow up of my cases for the Pixel 3.

Get it on fi if you can.  https://g.co/fi/r/9WX36D  You can also activate two fi accounts and you will get $799 back.  Reddit is full of Q&A on this and how people are going to try to game this option.

You can also go to Verizon stores and check it out.

• Like 1

Dave

I went to Verizon today and had a look at them.

pixel3xl.jpg

I couldn't really hold it due to their security crappola but it was pretty awesome regardless. Screen is beautiful and once I started using it I never saw the notch.  The settings wouldn't allow me to put it in developer mode in order to play with the notch options.

I also tried the iPhone X xs.  It was pretty nice as well.  Super impressed with that screen and the smoothness of the gestures for app control.

• Like 1

Trig0r

Do you go to everywhere and load up your front page?

Dave

That I do mate, that I do!

• Like 1