RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
LeeUK34

HP Gen8 powering PS1810G (8 port)

LeeUK34

Hi all,

Just wondering if my HP Gen 8 can power the HP 1810g (8 port) via Power over Ethernet (the instructions for the PS1810G says it can be powered by PoE). If so which ethernet port on the Gen 8 would I use (HP instructions are a little thing on the ground on this subject!)

If not, can I a power adaptor (HP one is £50+ in UK!) with the right connector? Alternatively where can I get the connector as I have a power adaptor but the wrong connector! As another alternative can I use the PoE adaptors I've seen on Amazon ( for example https://tinyurl.com/ybnxsctk) which are a lot cheaper than HP!

Thanks in advance (first post!)

Lee

LeeUK34

Alternatively does anyone know the size of the connector plug (sorry not sure of the correct terminology 😁) so I can get one?

Thanks

Hope someone out there can help, don't really want to have to buy a new Switch, not great for hte enviroment!

schoondoggy

The POE port on the PS1810 is designed to be powered from another POE switch. You could possibly power it with POE injector, but I think it would be best to use a power adapter as long as you have an AC outlet available. The power adapter part numbers are listed on page 2-2:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=6890402&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c03792495

tangcla

POE injectors would work fine.

I'm powering up my PS1810-8G using a PoE+ switch rather than using the power adaptor to keep my spaghetti to a minimum.