RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

N40L Display not working?

rightclix

Hi guys

So I've been using a kvm switch to switch between my server and desktop which has been working perfectly over the last couple of days. However I can't connect to it today. When I switched over to the server the display was very distorted, sort of like when the cable isn't connected properly. I've connected it directly to the monitor but no display detected. I've swapped vga cables. Re-booted the server several times. Connected it to a spare monitor but still no display. Is the on board graphics kaput or is it something else? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

While this hasnt happened to any of my microservers, I do remember reading a while ago that it is not uncommon for the VGA port itself to become faulty, eg broken connection. I just tried searching but cant find the reference at the moment.

I think the only solution is to put a PCI-E graphics card in if that is the case, or use some remote desktop solution.

I managed to get it working again - faulty memory module. Removed one of them and it came to life so will need to order some more memory.

Thanks for your help.