RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
tangcla

Windows Server 2019 on Gen8 microserver

tangcla

Looking to install Server 2019 (either essentials or standard) on a Gen8 Microserver.

It's early days seeing the OS was only released two days ago, but hoping this will be a placeholder for any potential issues which may arise.

For me, I'll be upgrading from WS 2016 Standard (bare metal installation).

Osozu

Hi i have running windows server 2019 from fitst insider build on microserver without issue, all the time inplace upgraded from build to build, and finally Im on RTM build. So no problem at all, you can safely install RTM, but don't forget to install latest firmware and drivers, and it should run fine

• Like 1

tangcla

Thanks! I got impatient and started an in-place upgrade while at work (via RDP). Probably not the wisest thing to do... but so far so good.

This prompted me to log back in to check, and I am logged in with no issues.

image.png.2bf6492f92e0b9583a344e6e52a53652.png

Webdoc

I have installed windows server 2019 essentials  the current graphics driver I have on my Gen 8 is 12/07/2016  Driver version is 4.3.1.5

I have had to disable this as after a while of not using the server desktop via switch source on my monitor going back to the server just gives me a black screen that I can just about see the mouse on but nothing else using iLo4 remote desktop is also the same, I then have to restart the server to get the graphics back, 

With graphics driver disable its fine, any ideas or a later driver?

Thanks

tangcla
4 hours ago, Webdoc said:

I have installed windows server 2019 essentials  the current graphics driver I have on my Gen 8 is 12/07/2016  Driver version is 4.3.1.5

I have had to disable this as after a while of not using the server desktop via switch source on my monitor going back to the server just gives me a black screen that I can just about see the mouse on but nothing else using iLo4 remote desktop is also the same, I then have to restart the server to get the graphics back, 

With graphics driver disable its fine, any ideas or a later driver?

Thanks

I've got 4.3.1.5 as well, everything works fine. I remote desktop into the server though (never through a physical connection).

Osozu

Hi guys HPE released new drivers for 2019 server for ilo4, remote console is now working again

Also matrox driver is updated

Webdoc
4 hours ago, Osozu said:

Hi guys HPE released new drivers for 2019 server for ilo4, remote console is now working again emoji6.png

Also matrox driver is updated

Download for this would be nice if you have a link, I am out of warranty/service plan now. 

colinw
On 12/17/2018 at 4:16 PM, Webdoc said:

Download for this would be nice if you have a link, I am out of warranty/service plan now. 

Can someone post a download link please as i'm just installing server 2019 as we speak.

I can't find the new ilo4 drivers elsewhere.

Dave

Just a quick reminder to keep the links legit!  Thanks.

colinw
1 hour ago, Dave said:

Just a quick reminder to keep the links legit!  Thanks.

i wasn’t asking for anything illegal, only drivers ?