RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

ML310e g8 v2 PSU upgrade?

JustMe

Hi,

I wonder if it would be possible to upgrade the 2 x 460W PSU with 2 x 750W. I searched the internet today, but didn't find any answer and I'm far from an electronics genius.

Has anyone tried this?

Thank you. 

Looks like I have to answer myself.

YES, it's working!

I put 2 x 750W PSU from a DL380 G7 and after 2 days absolutely no problem. Everything works smooth, no errors, same noise level. I think it could take even more powerful PSUs, but for me,  that's all I need. 

Now I will sell the ML10 v2, I still wonder why people are buying this instead of 310e v2. On ebay (UK), 310 v2 are very cheep, bought mine for £175 postage included, with a Xeon 1241 v3 (3.5-3.9GHz) and 8GB RAM.

schoondoggy

Good to know. I dont remember how much iLo interacts with PSU, but did you check iLo for any issues with the new PSU? Just curious.

8 hours ago, schoondoggy said:

Good to know. I dont remember how much iLo interacts with PSU, but did you check iLo for any issues with the new PSU? Just curious.

I didn't. Now I'm installing a ton of upgrades for a fresh 2012 R2 (dual boot with 2016, yay!) and it will take some time. Tomorrow I'll check iLO and will report back here.

• Thanks 1