RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Vail trial ends on 1-10-2011?

geek-accountant

I am not running my test of Vail anymore, but in case any of you guys still are, see the link below:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whsvailbeta/thread/9671b736-317d-45c1-a335-2ba3a44926e7

Looks like the beta will expire on 1-10-2011

No..... Looks like another stunning public relations coup from the land of the tactful blogger.

You would think that after the D.E. fiasco they would be treading carefully now.

They will probably scratching their heads wondering why they cant get testers for the next beta.

I will investigate Amahi when this beta expires...Seems that M.S. are determined to chase us all off anyway

Edited by britishbob

This will be very interesting if the 1st beta times out and the new beta is not released for another month. It would be like the old days when we use to turn the clock in the bios back.

This will be very interesting if the 1st beta times out and the new beta is not released for another month. It would be like the old days when we use to turn the clock in the bios back.

6-8 weeks per connect site. An MVP was talking about a new interface for storage on the thread...wonder if they will put in a software RAID dashboard? That could be interesting.

OK, I have been re-listening to #118 and Jim covered this for several minutes in the beginning of the podcast. My excuse, I was at my parents house building them a WHS from an old Dell machine while listening and their internet cut out several times during the show, which is why I am re-listening to it now.

This might be the right time for me to get my TechNet subscription and start testing another OS.

Technet is a GREAT way to go if you want to test a lot of different setups or OS's. For me, Technet has been well worth the money!