RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
TheJason

Is this still a thing?

TheJason

I just listened to Reset ep 44. I've got some HDD laying about, but there's not much action here. Anybody doing this? Is it worth the effort? I'm plotting my first drive, but haven't joined a pool yet.

Dave

It's still a thing to a lot of folks but I turned my system off.  I haven't done anything with it though.  I was hoping for a resurgence of the coin price but I don't think that is going to happen.  As little as it costs to mine I still don't think it's worth the time and effort at this point.  I certainly wouldn't buy anything new for it.  

Jason

Glad I never jumped on that bandwagon Was itching to do it though. Got close. Taking on yet another project, probably would’ve been divorced!

Dave

LOL.  Yes, crypto can be a divorce-able offense!  Burst was pretty low on the risk factor though.  I always recommended starting with gear you own.  I ended up spending $300 on external 8TB drives but plan on using those elsewhere.  Maybe sell, not sure.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Dave
      By Dave
      I sat down with @jcollison and talked about Burst HDD Mining.  This episode of the RESET Podcast should fill in all the blanks if you have had questions about Hard Drive mining.

Please subscribe with your favorite podcast player.

RESET is a weekly tech podcast that covers home automation, networking, and home storage.  No tech subject is off limits and RESET will get off the rails on other favorites.  This podcast is by David McCabe who has been podcasting since 2008 on popular shows such as Home Server Show and Surface Geeks. Listen to RESET via these podcast apps and directories:

RESET FM - http://reset.fm/about