RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
RexNoctis

iLO Health Degraded

RexNoctis

Hi All,

I recently went to replace 2x 1TB drives with 2x 8TB drives in my Gen8 HP Microserver but I cannot load the RAID configuration utility, I press F5 and the system acknowledges the press and says it will be started but it then loads Windows Server as normal.

Within the iLo Diagnostics page, I have the following error under Embedded Flash/SD-Card: "Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 Embedded media initialization failed due to media write-verify test failure". I have attempted to 'Format Embedded Flash and reset iLO' as suggested by HP but this has not resolved the fault. According to the HP website, the only further option is to replace the system board :-(

Currently the warranty status lookup service is responding with HTTP500 errors but I'm fairly sure the warranty has expired, I bought the server in March 2015.

I'm currently thinking I will need to buy an external RAID controller if I want to keep using this server.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

richu75

On full rackmount systems there is something called system maintenance switch 6. It’s a little dipswitch. It helps by clearing and/or formating the nvram.

I don’t know if the microservers have that switch, so you would have to google it.

MikeJ
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, RexNoctis said:

Hi All,

I recently went to replace 2x 1TB drives with 2x 8TB drives in my Gen8 HP Microserver but I cannot load the RAID configuration utility, I press F5 and the system acknowledges the press and says it will be started but it then loads Windows Server as normal.

Within the iLo Diagnostics page, I have the following error under Embedded Flash/SD-Card: "Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 Embedded media initialization failed due to media write-verify test failure". I have attempted to 'Format Embedded Flash and reset iLO' as suggested by HP but this has not resolved the fault. According to the HP website, the only further option is to replace the system board 😞

Currently the warranty status lookup service is responding with HTTP500 errors but I'm fairly sure the warranty has expired, I bought the server in March 2015.

I'm currently thinking I will need to buy an external RAID controller if I want to keep using this server.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

This has just occurred on my gen8 - by design perhaps? ☹️ It seemed to occur at the same time as my SD card for VMware died - although after a rebuild it (the card) still works. I now boot from a usb stick (sd slot is now dead).

Regarding the disks, I noticed that you can run the raid utility from the old 2015 SPP ISO - the latest version available to me. It worked when my bios based raid F5 failed a year ago after upgrading ……...

Can one buy a warranty extension after original expiry and if so, which one and would they mind about any retrospective claim?