RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
BobCrabtree

HP ProLiant Turion II N40L - need Win10 driver for Broadcom NetXtreme

BobCrabtree

I've been using my HP ProLiant Turion II N40L with Win7, since 2012 effectively as a media server (pics, music, video).

Thought it was about time I upgraded to Windows 10 - and did that yesterday - but now the Broadcom NetXtreme built-in network card isn't working.

All looks normal in Device Manager but it just doesn't work - tried various drivers scrounged from various place but none did the trick.

I could put in a low-profile Gigabit NIC but would prefer just to get the built in networking working.

All suggestions greatfully received - even if it's to do a clean install of Win10 (if you know that will do the trick); this was an in-place upgrade over the top of Win7.

TIA

Bob C

JackoUK

Back in about 2014 HP made a mistake in networking which prevented upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1.

This had to be corrected with a BIOS update as explained in no little detail here

https://homeservershow.com/blog/hp-microserver/hp-proliant-microserver-bios-flash-sp64420/

If you have never updated the BIOS in your machine it may be that the incompatibility has been preserved through to Windows 10.

BobCrabtree

JackoUK,

Very many thanks for your response!

I strongly suspect you've hit the nail squarely on the head.

Two little problems for me, though.

First, the download link within the link you gave is broken (but a Google search found a good link) - so Joe_Miner needs to update it to:

Systems ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant MicroServer (For USB Key-Media)

This is that link:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX-57720d956df94dfcbaa0e28256

Second, I am unable to download it from there, because support validation is required - and I have none.

Anyone able to grab this file for me (or pull it up from their store of downloads), pretty please, and upload it somewhere I can grab it?

Joe_Miner?

TIA

BobC

Edited by BobCrabtree
able > unable; Joe > Joe_Minder; Joe_Minder > Joe_Miner

BobCrabtree

No one?

BobC

Trig0r

Is there a Win8/8.1 driver for it that might do the job?

JackoUK

Bob, I emailed your website with an answer a couple of days ago.

Can you check there first?

BobCrabtree

JackoUK,

Thanks for that!

Unfortunately, no email from you arrived - and I've just tested email from the website contact page and that is working okay.

Email to me can be anything that ends @bobcrabtree.co.uk (eg bob@; fattwit@; oldbutlovely@; etc) so I'd be most grateful if you could send again.

TIA

BobC

BobCrabtree
12 hours ago, Trig0r said:

Is there a Win8/8.1 driver for it that might do the job?

Trig0r,

There may be but as JackoUK says a Bios update is likely required.

And, even if there is such as driver to download from HP, I can't download it because support validation is required - and I have none.

BobC