RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
schoondoggy

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 refub bundles $419.99-839.99

Jazman

Thanks for the heads up on this one.  I generally don't go to woot anymore as the deals aren't there anymore since Amazon bought them.  Every now and then a gem pops up though.  I was looking for a solution for work and I think this will fit the bill nicely.  The surface line is generally cost prohibitive (especially for what I needed currently) but this looks pretty good.  Now I just have to hope that it comes in in good shape and lasts.

Thanks,

Keith

Jazman

So this was delivered.  Few things...

First, the tablet itself seems to be in fantastic condition cosmetically.  Functionally everything seems fine also but I just got done doing a ton of updates (looks to be about 2 years worth of updates).  Haven't done any battery life testing yet to see how much wear that experienced.

The Type Cover is not in that great of shape.  It's passable but has definitely had a good amount of use.  The fabric is worn though in the corners and was pretty dirty.  But I'll take an air compressor to it to blow it out.  Overall, passable.

The pen though is a different story.  The description and photos say it's a Surface pen.  It's not.  What was included was a third party pen from NuVision.  The buttons are located differently but the biggest design issue is that there is no magnet in it to keep it with the tablet.  This is kind of a key feature for me as that is what my Surface Book has.  It's really the best way to keep the pen with the device since there isn't a slot to hold it.  But, this wouldn't be a show stopper for me I guess except it doesn't work.  I tried everything I could think of (as well as anything I could find on the interwebs) to figure out how to get this thing to pair but to no avail.  Given how I intend to use this device, I need those buttons to work for convenience shortcuts.  So, I emailed Woot explaining what I got and asking them to get me the Surface pen as advertised.  We'll see what they come back with.  The included accessories were really what made this Woot worthwhile since the device is a few generations old...

Keith

Jazman

Woot made good (as they are generally known to do).  They refunded the price of what it cost to buy one on Amazon ($80).  So that's on order and all should be good.  

Now it's time to get to work!
Keith