RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Arlo Doorbell doesn't have a camera in it!

Dave

Can you release a doorbell product these days that doesn't' have a camera built into it?  If you are Arlo you can!

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 10.13.44 AM.png

I suppose the could have but they really don't need to.  If you own arlo you probably already have a camera covering your homes' entryways and if you have been looking at Arlo and didn't want a hybrid camera solution this is a perfect answer.  Check out the Arlo Doorbell and the new Arlo Smart Chime

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 10.16.22 AM.png

The doorbell runs on two AA batteries and will hook up to your existing chime or the new indoor plug, Arlo Smart Chime.  The kit hasn't been priced yet and it arrives sometime in the fall.  Considering the Arlo cameras can be on the pricier side I would imagine that the doorbell would be reasonably priced.

BTW, Arlo has spun off and is no longer Netgear Arlo. Just throwing that out there in case I use the word Netgear out of old habit.  

I have a ton of questions for you.

Do you own Arlo? Have you bought into a doorbell system yet?

Would you consider Arlo Doorbell if you own Arlo cameras?

Does this make you more interested in the Arlo system?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I don't have any interest at this time in any system that doesn't support onvif or integrate with my Vivint security system, which has a doorbell with camera.

Now to your questions...

Do you own Arlo? No and will never use a wireless system. My have a few strategic cameras that are wireless if I can't get a wire to it but never a complete system

Have you bought into a doorbell system yet? Yes, work Vivint.

Would you consider Arlo Doorbell if you own Arlo cameras? Probably not.

Does this make you more interested in the Arlo system? No.