RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Issues after upgrading cpu

stoney73

As long as the server is powered up iLo should be running. If you can access iLo it will give you a list of errors or faults.

Did you check the CPU socket to be sure nothing got in there when you were swapping CPU?

1 hour ago, schoondoggy said:

As long as the server is powered up iLo should be running. If you can access iLo it will give you a list of errors or faults.

Did you check the CPU socket to be sure nothing got in there when you were swapping CPU?

Yeah, I checked and rechecked the CPU socket. Tbh, I have no idea how to access ILO. Had the server for a few years but never really delved into the server stuff as it just ran Win 10 & Plex media server 24/7.

Connect a network lead to the other port on the back, not the two next to each other.

Hopefully you still have access to the luggage tag attached to the rear of the server, you'll need it.

Find the ip address of the ilo port, I use Fing app on smartphone, but you can find it by accessing your routers settings.

Enter that ip in a web browser, and that should take you to a login page

Enter the details from the above luggage tag into the page, and if all is ok, you should have just logged into ilo.

Hopefully this at least will let you get to see something...

1.JPG

2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I reseated the fan cable, no difference. The pre post screen showed errors 0168 and 0114. 

I've now tested the ram and found that removing one of the 8gb sticks that has works the last 3 years has expired. Server is back up and running. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. 

Just curious to see if you swapped the memory modules to confirm if it is a bad module or a bad memory slot?

• Thanks 1

Actually not, but thank you for asking, I'll try it tomorrow. Was just happy to have it working again.